Seeking out help for life's problems is a big step and one that can be intimidating. Some people wonder if they really need to see someone, while others know that they do, but don't know where to start or are afraid to reach out. For those of you in the first category, I recently came across this article entitled "8 Signs You Should See A Therapist." Here is the link where you can read the full article. And here is the short version:
1. Everything you feel is intense
2. You've suffered a trauma and can't stop thinking about it
3. You have unexplained and recurrent headaches, stomachaches, or just feel rundown
4. You are using a substance to cope
5. You are getting bad feedback at work
6. You feel disconnected from previously beloved activities
7. Your relationships are strained
8. Your friends have told you that they are concerned
For those of you in the second category, feel free to contact me with any questions you have at my secure email address, firstname.lastname@example.org. Some people find it easier to make that first contact over email, but if you prefer the phone, my office line is 503-874-4374. Wishing you all the best!
Amber is a Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker. She offers counseling for individual adults and clinical supervision for social workers. For fun, she enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, researching genealogy, reading, and dragon boating.
***THIS BLOG claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this site, please E-mail with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.